I was sent this award by Laura definitely go check her out. Love her blog I join in with several of her linkys.
I tried to find the HTML for the badge of the original person who started this to link back to but unfortunately this is a bit like a chain letter and to hard to find the source. from what I have read a blogger is award this and sent 11 questions if they chose to answer those question they must then write a reply including a new set of 11 questions for the bloggers they are sending award to.
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
My original blog name was Butterflylilies78 but I couldn’t have this as my Twitter or Instagram as it was already taken. I also didn’t really want my birth year in my blog name. Laura Sarah are my first two names I’m not sure where the doll part came from.
2. What’s your favourite Linky to join with?
This is easy TheLovelyThings linky that Laura hosts. It makes you appreciate the small things and look for beauty in the world. This is a relatively new linky but then I am also new to linking up.
3. What has been your biggest blog achievement?
This one is really hard for me. I have had a blog for a couple of years but never really gave it the time it needed. I think I am going to have to say the wonderful people I have connected with because without them I wouldn’t know anything about how to add linkys or move from blogger to WordPress.
4. What advice would you give to other bloggers?
This follows on from previous question and that would be to ask for help. If there is something you don’t know ask someone. There is a good chance they have been there and will be able/willing to help. Also to interact with people if they take the time to comment then reply even if its just to say thank you.
5. How do you manage you home/work/blog life balance?
Currently very badly.I am a stay at home mum to a 4 year old. I have started using a planner this month and am managing to stay on top of home stuff but I am still working on being more active on my blog. I join a lot of photo linkys and if I haven’t been out with my camera then I am limited to what I can post. I need to work on this.
6. What is your favourite book?
I am not much of a book reader but Elegance by Kathleen Tessaro is one I have read in the past and enjoyed.
7. And your favourite film?
This has to be Silent Hill. It was the first movie my husband and I saw at the pictures and when we heard the name of one of the little girls in it we knew if we ever had a daughter that would be her name and it is. This is where Alessa name came from. I love the video games too although I don’t play them I just watch hubby play.
8. What makes you happy?
Spending time with my family. Although I am trying to find other things that I can do for myself like being more active in my blog and being creative with my planner. I also joined #listergottalist this month and am enjoying that too.
9. What is your most treasured item?
I think it would have to the painting I have in my kitchen that belonged to my gran parents. They have both passed now and I have a few items from their home but this painting hung in their livingroom for as long as I can remember.
10. If it was your last day on earth what would be your last meal?
I have no idea I don’t particularly have a favourite food but I would probably like to go have a meal at a really expensive restaurant.
11. What do you love most about being a parent?
Watching them grow up and their personality come through. Seeing the world through their eyes and how they interpret things. The conversations they have with you about the most random things.
Now I have to nominate some people. If I nominate you please don’t feel you have to take part. My 11 questions will also be below.
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favourite type of post?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- If you were a movie character who would you be?
- What can’t you live without?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Do you have a favourite drink alcoholic/non alcoholic?
- Do you have any pets?
- If you were naming your blog today what would you call it?
- What is your favourite quote?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit and why?